Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Royal Sparkle Nail Tutorial

Hey you guys. 
Today, I've got a nail tutorial for you and I named this one 'royal sparkle'. I think this nail art is perfect for prom, weddings or any special occasions. 
Glam yourself up with these beautiful sparkly nails. 




If you want to learn how to do this then keep on reading. 

Things you need:
- top coat; I used Estee Lauder top coat


- base coat; I used Sally Hansen Diamond

- royal blue coloured nail polish; I used Maybelline New York Color Show in 360 Sapphire Siren


- glittery nail polish; I used Maybelline New York Color Show Sequins Limited Edition 815 Gold's Night Out


- sponge; I just cut a bit off a dishwashing sponge, and tweezers

- cotton buds (and nail polish remover)

Let's get started!

First of all, apply base coat to your nails. This keeps your nails healthy and strong. 


I apologise for the not so attractive yellowy nails, this is what happens when you miss applying a base coat  that one time. Anyway, moving on...

Take your royal blue coloured nail polish and colour your nails as usual.

 I also used a cotton tip dipped in nail polish remover to clean up a bit.
Leave it to dry. Apply as many coats as needed.


Then, with the glittery nail polish, slowly dab the nail polish brush at the top part of the nail as close as you can to the edge. 
Here is a close up on what it's suppose to be like. Messy.

Immediately (while the glittery nail polish is still wet), using the tweezers and a small piece of the sponge, gently dab the sponge into the glitter part of the nail and gently spread it out throughout the nail, forming a gradient.

Here's the ending result. Don't forget to apply top coat for it to last longer.
 Do the same to all your nails. Clean up a bit using the cotton buds and nail polish remover.

And voila!


This a basic tutorial for this type of nail art. You can jazz it up by using a different coloured nail polish or even having rhinestones instead of glitter.
I'm handing this idea to you now and hope that this'll inspire your next nails day.

I also took the liberty on searching through google images to show you my inspiration of this nail tutorial. I have had this idea for a long time now and it was while I was looking online for my prom dress last year. I fell in love with this dress and I thought I'd share it with you. 


I mean it's not the exact dress because I couldn't find the one I saw last year but this is a very similar one. 
Snowy Prom is such an amazing website full of dresses ranging from different colours to styles. I haven't really fully explored it as I already had an idea of what I wanted for prom when I discovered the website but they have a wide variety of dresses. And not only do they sell prom dresses but they have dresses for formal events, evening gowns, graduation and many more. The link to their website is right here: http://www.snowyprom.com/ 
This same company also has a website for brides which I'm pretty sure is named 'SnowyBridal' so if you have time, check that out too. 
A little side note, I don't always reccommend shopping online but websites like these are a great way to find inspirations and ideas.


Hope you guys have a fantabulous, glamourous day!
Get inspired and create.
xx
Jodi